CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 9, 2009

Finally Something To Show!!














Well, here it is.....................the first finished project to show you. This shirt was made from McCalls M5929. I loved the fabric on the pattern envelope so much I made my own out of the same plaid. I think it turned out great!! I love the ruffles and sleeves. It looks great with jeans as well as a skirt. It's short sleeve, but living in Texas, I'm able to wear it most of the year.

I have so many projects going on in my sewing room right at the moment. It's hard for me to decide where to start..............I'm working on a dress (Simplicity 2568), a vest (Simplicity 2862), Christmas gifts, cards, etc. And after reading a few blogs that have reviewed the book Design - It - Yourself Clothes, by Cal Patch, I'm anxious to start designing my own patterns. That may have to wait until after Christmas. I have to say, that book is FABULOUS!!!! I read it like a novel and it reads just like a good friend talking you through it! I'm so happy I found it and look forward to putting it to good use.
Well, that's it for now. Back to the sewing!!!








3 comments:

Nicole

Oh my goodness, I LOVE it. I think I must have one ;) glad to see your picture, I miss you!

The Gimmel Family

So cute!! I'm a size 10 or M shirt in case I'm in the running for one:) Good to see you, gosh you look so much like mama in the face in that picture. Funny how you see things in someone after a while. Are you coming to MD anytime soon? I miss cracking you up!!

Lori

Great top.

Post a Comment